night time 1-mile race offers a $30,000 prize purse presented by GNC Live Well; event is third stop on the BBTM Grand Prix Tour 2018
PITTSBURGH () – Defending champion Ben Blankenship and top U.S. miler Amanda Eccleston headline a deep field of professional runners at this year’s GNC Live Well Liberty Mile, scheduled for . The evening road race will offer a prize purse of $30,000, one of the largest for U.S. road mile races.
ATLANTA – July 4, 2018 – For the 49th consecutive year, Atlanta began its Fourth of July on Peachtree, as 60,000 runners and walkers converged on a humid summer day to finish the AJC Peachtree Road Race. With the Peachtree playing host to the USATF 10km Championships for the second consecutive year, the first men and women to finish, Bernard Lagat (Tucson, AZ) and Stephanie Bruce (Flagstaff, AZ), were crowned national champions.
The Chicago Marathon marks Farah’s third go at the distance and his first 42K on U.S. soil. He joins defending champion and former training partner, Galen Rupp, at the front of this year’s elite pack - CHICAGO – The Bank of America Chicago Marathon announced today that four-time Olympic gold medalist, six-time world champion and five-time European champion Mo Farah will join the 2018 Chicago Marathon elite competition. In 2012, Farah became the first British athlete in history to win an Olympic gold at the 10,000m, and he is just the second athlete in history to pull off back-to-back gold medals in both the 5000m and 10,000m at the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games.
- Reigning Champions Return to 49th AJC Peachtree Road Race
- Eliud Kipchoge’s Mission is to break his personal best
- Manangoi signals return with Dream Mile victory in Oslo – IAAF Diamond League
- Kenya’s Mary Keitany Wins Third NYRR New York Mini 10K
- NYRR New York Mini 10K to Surpass 200,000 Total Finishers on Saturday, June 9, with Generations of Women and Girls, Past Champions, and Marathon Winners Running Together