Lelisa Desisa (ETH) talks about getting his 2nd (2013) Boston win and Caroline Rotich (KEN) talks about getting her first.
Caroline Rotich (KEN) beats Mare Dibaba (ETH) at the line.
Winner of the 2013 Boston Marathon, Lelisa Desisa (ETH), earned his second Boston win during the 2015 edition, over fellow Ethiopian, Yemane Adane Tsegay. After the 2013 tragedy, Desisa gave his winning medal back to the city of Boston – he promises to keep this year’s medal for good.
( photos: Cecilia Wenig / HAJ Hannover Marathon )Cheshari Jacob and Souad Ait Salem won the 25th edition of the HAJ Hannover Marathon on Sunday. In very good weather conditions 31 year-old Kenyan Jacob clocked 2:09:32. In a close finish Ethiopia’s Chala Bekele had been in the lead briefly in the final kilometre but then had to settle for second in 2:09:42. Martin Kosgey of Kenya also ran a sub 2:10 time with 2:09:50 for third place.
Algeria’s national marathon record holder Souad Ait Salem built a big lead during the second half and clocked a fine 2:27:21. The 36 year-old missed the course record by just 14 seconds. Olha Kotovska of Ukraine was second with 2:29:13 and South Africa’s Mapaseka Makhanya clocked a personal best of 2:31:02 to take third.
Adding other races at shorter distances the HAJ Hannover Marathon had a record entry of slightly over 20,000 runners. The event is an IAAF Silver Label Road Race.
- Kenyans target course record in Hannover jubilee race while Souad Ait Salem looks for second victory in a row
- United States to host 2021 IAAF World Championships
- HOW TO WATCH THE 2015 BOSTON MARATHON
- Please take part in our market research study
- Team USA Minnesota Runners to Compete at Mt. SAC Relays on April 17, B.A.A. Invitational Mile on April 18, and Grand Blue Mile on April 21; Results from Cherry Blossom Ten Mile