- London Marathon Events Ltd documentary released on Saturday 13 April
- Premiere screening at 19:00 on YouTube and Facebook
Marathon world record holder and reigning Virgin Money London Marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge gives a fascinating and unique insight into his training camp in Kenya in a short film premiering on Saturday night.
PHOTO: VCM / Leo Hagen
Nancy Kiprop produced the outstanding performance of the 36th Vienna City Marathon when she broke the women’s course record by over a minute and a half in running 2:22:12 and for good measure also became the first woman to win three VCM titles. Kiprop led a Kenyan clean sweep of the podium with all three women setting personal bests. Angela Tanui was runner-up in 2:25:37 and Maurine Chepkemoi third with 2:26:16.
Debutant Silas Mwetich won the 29th HAJ Hannover Marathon while Racheal Mutgaa took the race, breaking the course record. Kenya’s Mwetich ran his marathon debut in fine weather conditions and surprisingly won the race in 2:09:37. Fellow-Kenyan Hosea Kipkemboi was second with 2:10:40, Ethiopia’s Debas Alebachew Wale took third place in 2:10:57. Last year’s winner Seboka Negusse of Ethiopia, one of the favourites, dropped out at the 35k mark.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships are returning to Des Moines, Iowa, July 25-28, 2019. The best track and field athletes in the country will compete at Drake University’s Drake Stadium on a quest to qualify for Team USATF at the 2019 IAAF World Championships in Doha, Qatar. The four day meet is the final stop of the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championship Series and will be broadcast on the NBC family of networks and webcast on NBC Sports Gold.
- VIENNA CITY MARATHON ON 7 April: Tadesse Abraham wants to bounce back in Vienna
- HASPA MARATHON HAMBURG ON 28 APRIL: World record holder Joyciline Jepkosgei runs marathon debut in Hamburg
- Kiprop equals course record, Teferi clocks fastest debut at Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon
- American indoor records highlight 112th NYRR Millrose Games
- U.S. OLYMPIANS HIGHLIGHT NBC SPORTS’ COVERAGE OF THE 112TH MILLROSE GAMES THIS SATURDAY, FEB. 9 LIVE AT 4:30 P.M. ET ON NBC