Apple Launches iPhone 3Gs with built-in Nike+ Integration
Today Apple launched the iPhone 3GS, the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. Features include: built-in Nike+ integration, video recording, voice control, 32GB of storage, 3 mega-pixel camera, built-in digital compass application, cut-copy-paste feature, and more. Press release: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/06/08iphone.html
· You can run with Nike+ in 4 ways: iPod Nano, Nike+ Sportband (no music, expected back to retail in July), iPod Touch, and now the iPhone 3G S.
· The iPhone 3G S, as well as the iPod Touch, include built-in Nike + iPod support to help monitor your workout. By placing the Nike+ sensor ($19) in Nike+ compatible shoe, runners can connect with iPhone 3G S to track distance, calories, pace and time during a run or sync with the latest generation gym equipment.
· Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor into your Nike+ compatible shoe and start your workout. Since the functionality is now built into the phone, this eliminates the need to plug in the receiver.
· To activate Nike+ on the iPhone 3G S:
· In Settings, choose Nike + iPod and turn Nike + iPod on or off. When Nike + iPod is turned on, its icon appears on the Home screen.
· When activated in Settings, the Nike + iPod application appears on the Home screen (iPhone 3G S only). With a Nike + iPod Sensor (sold separately), the Nike + iPod application provides audible feedback on your speed, distance, time elapsed, and calories burned during a running or walking workout.
· After your run, just dock your phone to upload your run to NikePlus.com. Or, when the iPhone or iTouch is connected to iTunes on your computer, you can send your workout information to Nikeplus.com, where you can track your progress, set goals, and participate in challenges.
· For more information about Nike+: log onto www.Nikeplus.com
· For more information on the iPhone 3G S: http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/
· We are close to surpassing 2 million members as of today (June 09)
· As of Jan 09, Nike+ members have logged more than 100 million miles, the equivalent of 200 trips to the moon.
· Since the launch in July 2006 (as of Jan 09) over 900,000 challenges (908,935 and counting) have been created, more than 1.7 million goals (1,732,653 and counting) have been created, and more than 140,000 training programs (141,819 and counting) have been launched on www.nikeplus.com.
Additional iPhone 3G S details / pricing / availability:
· The “S” in “3GS” stands for speed
· Pricepoints: $299 32GB, $199 16GB, $99 8GB
· Improved battery life - now up to 9 hours of internet surfing, 10 hours of video, 30 hours of audio, 12 hours of 2g talk-time, 5 hours of 3g talk-time
· iPhone 3G S will be available at retail on June 19th in the United States
iPhone 3G S will also be available in more than 80 countries in the coming weeks. For further information about US and international pricing and availability visit www.apple.com/iphone.